Tuesday, August 02, 2005

PAGE 80

Weather I like it or not, I have to admit that I have always imagined that my life is a movie. That somewhere someone is watching, laughing, crying, pulling for me. Interested.

I guess it means that in this confusing ass seemingly meaningless life… there is a point, a happy ending. And even further towards the painful admission… I think it’s a romantic comedy I’m living. I mean as far as I can tell… this ain’t to period epic, definitely not a western… and up until now there has been no conspiracy theories that have forced me to jump off buildings to risk my life for the betterment, and survival of the world.

Ok. So that being said, I think I hit the scene tonight where, despite our hero’s every effort to be disgruntled, angry, lonely and bitter… she suddenly turns around and without realizing it, catches herself being totally happy,

There I was, in my kitchen, in my bra, shitty jean shorts, high heels still on from work and an apron. Cooking eggplant parmesan (something I have PERFECTED here in Italy)… singing out loud, top of my lungs, music blaring, dancing around my kitchen, sweating PROFUSELY.

And actually, if anyone was watching, if anyone was looking in I would look like a bonafied asshole.

But the thing is, it’s sincere in this moment. Happy, hot, sweating, pleased, drinking cold wine.. looking like Shaq with the amount of sweat on my forehead. I mean COME ON.

And then, all the sudden, all alone I start laughing… and that’s when I realize…

Oh my god, I’m having a Molly Ringwald moment….

Awesome.

It really IS a movie… ummm has anyone seen Loydd Dobbler?

1 comment:

wanna said...

Dear dear chase-life is a movie-YES!

in my postcolonical allegorical tragi-comedy, I think I'm in the part where I sell my liver for a green card.

But- I do retreat in a molly ringwald moment, often while cooking and singing half dressed and alone.

I'm watching, and I heart your movie! My goobers were finished in the first 10 minutes.

However, and I'm sure you know best, in your Madonna moment, following your Molly Ringwald moment, you could balance that eggplant on a leather whip. Buon Appetitio!