Sunday, April 24, 2005

FUCKING HELL MAN

Well- I got a job. Still can’t decide if it’s a good thing or not. I’m grateful that I FINALLY got a job- but good lord man I have loved not working and the thought of going to work on Tuesday kinda blows… it’s just in the afternoons- 4 to 8. And it IS in film. I am working as an assistant at Medusa (Italy’s largest film distribution company). So basically I am an asset because I am from LA and know film- and finally all of those years of reading the trades are finally going to be put to use.

The money is, ahemm. Not so good. Let me put it this way, I will make LESS in a month than what I used to in a day.

Tough stuff. Truly. But the upshot is- everyone in the office only really speaks Italian- so it is time for me to sack the fuck up in a serious way and start talking and dealing. Scary.

I was given the job as a favor… they don’t really need anyone- so I am going to reorganize the office for them to start. They actually still keep all their addresses in a paper book. It’s fucking archaic. So I am going to EXCEL my brains out and whip up a little program to ease their life- then I will flirt my way to a promotion and all will be well in the world.

Actually I’ll probably quit before I grow to care about the place. I have been thinking rather seriously about coming back to the states for a few weeks in May/ June to work in the film buis and MAKE SOME REAL MONEY. I am trying to imagine a life where I do one month in LA, three in Rome. Is that possible? It just might be. I don’t know. There are a lot of issues to be addressed. But as the financial situation tightens it’s grip- I am FORCED to make some decisions.

As a result of said job- I had to cancel my plans to spend the week in Tuscany. Fuck. It’s all right. Rome just won’t let me go yet. What can I say?

Had a totally wild weekend- went to bed at noon on Saturday morning. Gotta love those Irish boys- they love to party.

Had a bunch of fun getting involved into some religious banter on the last blog. If you haven’t seen the comments on the last entry- I recommend it. It is by far the most interesting thing that has occurred on this site in a long while. Maybe ever. Don’t know who my anonymous friend is- but I say bravo to them.

Beyond that- the rapsinger is our new pope- and I am looking forward to his CD release party- celebrating his new singe “OG Vaticano- the birth of a papal Gangsta”… it’s gonna be off the hook.

Hope your all well.

Xoxo
C

No comments: