Tuesday, April 19, 2005

UNTITLED

So I have so much to say- and I have to be honest- I can’t be fucked to say any of it. So here are some of the basics.

BLACK SMOKE. Funniest shit I have ever seen in my whole life. When the smoke first started to come out of the chimney- it was white… and oh man people were crying and looking at each other in disbelief… oh happy day! There is a new pope! It only took one day! It’s a miracle! And mother fuck if the smoke didn’t turn black. I haven’t laughed that hard- shit, since the last pope died- it was fucking funny as hell…. It was like the greatest April fools joke of all time. 100,000 people all at the same time- noooooo…. God damn I almost snorted gelato out of my nose it was so funny.

FOOTBALL. Went to my first European football game. Roma vs. Regginna. Reggina sucks and they were supposed to loose- but fucking hell Rome did. They're crap if you ask me... but then, so is the sport. The aptly named Stadio Olimpico is the old Olympic stadium from the 60’s. It‘s a bit worse for the wear- but the game was pretty fun. Went with the roommate and a friend- NO BOOZE at the stadium… pretty low budge if you ask me… they do however sell espresso but the fucking gallon full… strange food fare at the Roman football game- no pizza as one might expect- hot dogs (or at least a pretty brutal version thereof) espresso, soda- (all made by Virgin- like the airline… fucking vertical integration…)…. But there are some espressos with Rum in it… you would have to drink about 50 to feel any effects and by then you’d have so much fucking caffeine in your system you’d probably be dead anyway. But the truth is- Italians don’t hold their liquor well- and they are so pumped up anyway- with all the rioting that happens on a regular basis at those game… probably better not to feed em liquor anyway. Highlights include a mascot who looked more like a drowned sewer rat, a couple of big smoke bomb motherfuckers- some flares, and a fuck load of riot police. I was hoping for a big fuck all riot… but they didn’t deliver… fucking Italians.

CARAVAGGIO. Have decidedly fallen in love withthe bastard- and I love his life story… what a criminal he used to be! He used prostitutes and drunks as models for the Virgin Mary and shit… totally awesome- His art is all over the city- and I have made it my mission in the next few weeks to see it all. Project!

UNEMPLOYED BLISS. Do I really need to explain that?

FREE AND EASY. Bit of a play on the last one- but ahh the joys of discovering what can be done on a budget. And really- truth is, I am at my happiest when I am on my Vespa, driving madly, ipod blaring in search of some obscure church on the edge of town. Turns out- I’m pretty easy to please.

FUCKIN COLD. Sick of this ass fuck cold weather- it keeps threatening to be warm- but it almost always turns out to be cold and shit fuck rain crap. Blahhhhhhhh.

OTHER THAN THAT. All systems go. Shit is good- I am poor- happy, just chilling. If I can’t get a job, and therefore can’t stay- gonna make the most of this- see as much as I can, spend my days seeing shit, nights reading about it- checking out the whole pope situ… you know. Do what I can while I can. And the rest- will work itself out- or it wont. I feel pretty lax about the whole thing though.

You know. Fuck it.

No comments: