Wednesday, April 27, 2005

SURVIVOR

Well, I survived my first day of work relatively unscathed. It’s not so bad- fuck man 4 hours a day- NO PROBLEM. I really like my boss- he’s super fucking cool, really smart, and I think he might actually like me. And by that I mean this- he sort buys the act- he gets it.

I mean here’s the thing- a friend of a friend calls a friend who calls this guy who say “you gotta meet her” Now, I don’t know this dude for shit, and he doesn’t know me- but I walk a few weeks ago, and do my best” I’m so fabulous you don’t even know what to do with yourself” and he buys it. Awesome.

Thing is- now I’ve talked my way into this job, and suddenly he and I are looking at each other, like, now what? It’s kinda great. So I am just learning the ropes, keeping my self busy with little shit- re-organizing them (or as I put it to him- bringing your office up to the 21st century man)… you know- fixing their pathetic excel programs that have address, phone list- this type of thing.

But at days end he brought me into his office- gave me some treatments to read, a book to read that we have been approached to finance, and a script to check out. I think he know I am wasting my time answering his phone- but it’s cool, cuz he sees that.

So I don’t know. I mean, I never fancied myself as a film distributor/ financer/ pencil pusher/ festival goer type. But maybe I could try it on for a while.

At least it’s a job, and at least its in film… and at least It doesn’t suck.


Beyond that- had a pretty tough weekend… got completely freaked out and super duper homesick- like- was ready to pack it in homesick. Haven’t felt that way before- and it was really jarring. Luckily for me- I have a few women in my life that make everything so much better with a phone call… you know who are- I couldn’t live without you.

So I invested in the healing properties of flowers, buying myself dinner, and giving myself time to think it all thru. Gave myself a morning to discover a new church with two GORGEOUS Caravaggio paintings in it… and you know…. Try to calm myself.

I just can’t believe how out of focus everything still is- I really thought would be getting clearer for me… but it’s not- it’s so wild. So again- chilling, biding time, staying the course.

We’ll see. We’ll see.

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY KP....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

things will take a ew days to settle, but i think this job is exactly what you needed. Confidence.....
i have the week off and i dont know what to do with myself. Movies? food? i dont know.
but come home to visit if you can. love dd.