Wednesday, June 29, 2005

1:26AM: IN BED. CAN'T SLEEP

My mind is racing. Leaving to go back to Rome tomorrow- having lunch AND breakfast tomorrow all before 1pm, will be in Rome the next time I go to bed, can’t wait to see the cats, thinking about my vespa, and my apartment and the new heat that has descended on the eternal city in my absence, thinking about friends, trying to think in Italian… I think I remember some, want to go back to school, want to make more friends, Max is going to live there now… wow. A real friend. A real live, on the level, old school, real deal FRIEND. In Rome… wow. It’s going to be different this time. Can’t wait. This time I go to Rome with a job, an apartment, friends to see, a vespa.. A LIFE. What a trip. I am excited. I feel alive. And nervous, and anxious, and relaxed… and just… AWAKE.

I can’t sleep.

NYC was great. Had a complete whirlwind- Vicki, TJ, grandpa, the Carter Family, friends in the village, echo’s in Grand Central, rain in Central park, hot dogs with kraut and mustard. What a town.

I gotta say I love this fucking city. I f there is any town for me in America right now it’s probably this one….

Who fucking knows anymore.

Had a really good time in the States. But it’s time to jump the puddle.

At least my flight is direct tomorrow.

Holy shit. I just checked my dashboard widget. It’s 71 degrees (F) at 6 am in Rome. That’s FUCKING HOT.

This is gonna get intense.

What can I say. Stay tuned.

No comments: