Tuesday, June 14, 2005

"HOME"

ok-

So the fact that it has been about 100 years since I have blogged speaks volumes about my old life I think.

First of all, I have been working so much I can hardly deal. Unlike Rome where I spend about 2 to 3 hours DAILY writing, sitting, thinking, finding stillness, I hardly sit down to form a complete thought here in LA. And, truthfully, what’s the point of writing home when I am already here…

The good news is that I am working… I got an awesome string of jobs- so far I have worked on a Budweiser spot, a Nickelodeon promo, an MTV thing and next I do a Suzuki spot. The whole thing will take me thru the 24th of the month. Figure I stay a day or two after, do errands, then I’ll be in NYC from the 27th to the 30th. And then, finally, I will get to go home to Rome. Just in time for the heat, And I go back to work on the Monday, the 4th of July. Fuck.

It’s good to be home, weird, but good. It’s just weird because it feels so normal.

I’ve been super busy, when I am not working I am all over the place, staying at friends house, seeing people, going to shows, going out big time. Went down to San Diego for a night to see ZoĆ« Foster run the marathon. Holy shit, she had never done it before and she ran the fucker in 4 hours 29 minutes... (which is really fucking fast by the way) It was amazing, and totally inspiring. She really kicked ass, it was fun times.

I finally went to this place the Olympic spa here in LA, which is an all ladies Korean spa that just fucking rocks.

And there have been lots of parties, and dinners and TV. Watched a fair amount of TV have to admit… and you know. It’s like life as usual here. My phone rings off the hook (it’s exhausting), I am over worked and over paid, and making time for happy hour with my brother and dinner with Mimi and Santi, and Chinese take out with Damaris…

It’s awesome. But hell man, I feel like I’ve stayed too long. I'm not going to want to say goodbye all over again. I am used to it again. I wanted to come home for two weeks, but because there is all this work, it’s like, fuck man just do it and now I am going to be here a month. Which is fine… but I miss Rome.

I miss Luigi my Vespa, I really miss my cats, and I miss the monuments. I miss the cobblestone, and lemoncello, and pints with expats. I miss driving around and looking at the coliseum. Traffic in LA sucks. At least traffic in Rome you have cool shit to look at…

But it’s fun to work again. Gotten a lot of work and it’s fun to do it. I had forgotten that I am good at it, and I like my job.

Anyway. Like I said not a whole lot to write home about, especially since I am already here. Or well, am I?

Is this what it means to be bi-continental? Everytime I find myself somewhere I wish I was in back in the other place? It's confusing. Seriously.

But it’s fun times. And that’s all I can ask for.

No comments: