Wednesday, May 04, 2005

DECISION

It’s so hard to plan anything in my life… everything is so fucking up in the air… well it’s a bit god-dam exhausting.

But after a phone call with my mother and Nikki (in which my voice flew around the car like a creepy ghost and the two of them spoke pointedly into the steering wheel)… I made a decision. Which was cemented by spending money on a rental car so I guess it’s official.

I AM COMING TO LOS ANGELES FOR TWO WEEKS(ish). Hoo-ray. And, as if that’s not fun as hell- I will also be coming thru NYC for two days… so halijefuckingluja,… I get to see my fucking peeps.

The decision was made for a number of reasons- some long and convoluted- but briefly they are as a follows:

- I already have a flight going back on the 24th of May which I cannot change- so I might as well use it.

- My parents are about to sell their beautiful house in LA, and this may be the last time I get to see it

- There is allegedly “a fucking ton of work” (which you know will dry up the day I arrive)… and I am hoping to go and partake of that paprika.

- My need for sushi and a burrito has become unmanageable

- My parent have generously offered to help my with a return ticket to Rome (hoo-ray!!!!!)

- My tourist visa has expired, so I need to travel anyway- might as well go somewhere, where there is a potential to make $$$$$

- I just rented a car there for two weeks- so now I have to go

- And finally because I want to. And I do things I want to- because life is an occasion. And I believe in rising to it.


And so there it is. Chase will be in LA from May 24th to June 5/6th ish (depending on work) and then I will go to NYC for 2 days on my way home to Roma.

I am actually really excited- I will be going home with two empty suitcases so I can bring massive amounts of shit back- I want things like my airport and art and summer clothes, and some books and oh man…my 35mm camera…cheddar cheese…my jean jacket.. oh man lots of shit. That being said I also plan to bring ALL MY UNDERWEAR AND SOX- so they can be washed and made “only in America” brand dryer soft…. Ahhhhh.

Plus it is worth noting that in the time since I have left- basically everything that could have gone wrong in America has. And by that I mean this:

- I am being audited for the year 2003
- I got jury duty
- My unemployment is under review for fraud…

So- it’s kinda time to go home and deal with some of that shit in person… you know.

So it’s good. All will be OK here in Rome. Cats will be tended to thanks to a kind roommate, and an even kinder ex-boyfriend Alejandro.

And it’s only a few weeks- and my boss says I can still work for him in LA… so it seems like it’s gonna work.

Yea.

I most look forward to being in a bar- and looking around and realizing, not only do I know everyone in it- BUT I LOVE THEM. (be careful what you wish for Chase…you seem to be getting it these days).

Such a lucky girl I am. A lucky girl indeed.

2 comments:

Megan Hill said...

dude, that's awesome news. seems like a trip home is in the cards. i'm happy for you.
but the audit? and the unemployment thing? yowza!! i'd be freaking out and running the other direction. good luck sister!

Anonymous said...

dubble dude! so, i will not see you in london - but i will see you in NYC in june when you come stay with US for 2 days before you go back to rome. yipee.