Wednesday, March 02, 2005

DID YOU MISS ME?

3 whole days since I blogged- must be a record….

Anyway- started school on Monday it is TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME. 4 hours a day- REALLY good school, excellent teachers- it’s gonna work- I can tell. It’s cool, if I keep it up- I’m going to speak Italian. (this is me after 3 days of classes) I am only enrolled for 2 weeks right now- I will extend- have to… but as everything in Rome- it’s expensive. Fuck. But it’s worth it in a way I can’t even explain. I am already speaking a little… it’s so liberating. It’s also nice to have a schedule again- have a little structure to my day.

Made some new friends- been going out and being social… fun stuff.

I really love it here- It’s fucking cold, (really unusually cold for Italy) and I need a job so badly I can’t stand it, but I REALLY feel at home- It just makes sense somehow. I was rereading some blog entries earlier today- from last summer- and the whole time I was so upset that it was all coming to an end. I am so happy I don’t have to leave- it’s so much fun to LIVE here. It’s great.

So I just need the job to fall into place- everything else has done so so gracefully- one thing left to deal with on the list…..

It’ll happen. I just know it.

I found this the other day- and I thought I’d share it.

I wrote this last summer to Damaris in an email. And rereading it now… I am humbled by the great possibilities and luck life has extended to me…


10/12/2004
WHAT I WOULD NEED TO DO TO MOVE TO ROME.


SUBLET APARTMENT
SELL CAR
STORE STUFF
CANCEL CELL PHONE, CAR INSUR…ECT.
PAY DOWN CREDIT CARDS


GET A JOB IN ROME
FIND APARTMENT
BRING CATS
BUY VESPA

LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER CON MI AMORE.



Amazing. Totally amazing.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: