Monday, March 21, 2005

WELCOME TO THE HOTEL CHASE CARTER

What a week- what a spring it’s gonna be. What a life.

Max was here this week and man did we have fun. We ate big, we drank big, we had a fucking blast. It was so much fun.

Alejandro has been staying here also- so 2 boys, 2 cats and a girl…you can imagine I was excited to see them off and clean the apartment. Katrina Miller and her parents Molly and Brad drove thru Rome Sunday and we got to have lunch and a gelato before Brad and Molly drove back to Cortona. Good thing I changed the sheets in the guest room, because Katrina stayed the night and flew out in this morning. Also got a phone call this week from Julie Devilbiss (from CRMS), she has been in South East Asia for many many months, and will be coming thru Rome mid April.

I feel like I have become the European hub for all my American friends. It’s awesome…. Unfortunately for Jules, the room is rented then- so I told her a night or two max, as she’s gonna have to stay in my room, (which is a little crowded for my taste)… but what fun to have another visitor! It’s gonna be great,

Had a really great week- Max rented a scooter and the two of us tore ass around the city… kinda fun to show off that I knew my way around, and he got the city down (it’s not that hard…)… and we found a different restaurant (or two) everyday and just ATE ATE ATE. I am going to not eat for a month to try and regain some balance from last week. Max ordered what I would say was, probably the best steak I have ever tasted. A few (hundred) bottles of wine that were pretty amazing, Max found his new favorite pasta… it was all pretty unreal… fucking hell man.

But now it is Monday and I am still full, and just so tired. This is my last week of school, as well as I am going to be starting a job this week. Under the table gathering. Basically I go down to the coliseum and find people to go on tours with Legal tour guides, and then I find young stupid American kids to go on pub crawls. Probably the easiest job I will ever have… I get paid per person I recruit- and now that spring is here so are the tourists- and there is a killing to be made off these bastards.

Have a friend who told me he made 20,000 last summer gathering. I don’t know about any of that- I figure fuck it, if it’s cash, it’s under the table, and It can keep me in Rome- I’m all for it. Plus it’s like, smoke cigarettes, hang out- make money. I feel like I’m in high school. Like I said, didn’t come to Rome for the career….

So I will start that shit this week too.

This weekend is Easter and Rome is bearing down to be inundated with the Religious zealots making their pilgrimage to the Vatican. I imaging it’s going to be pretty spectacular.

Speaking of spectacular- so is the weather. I am loving that spring is finally here. Things are taking a long time to get green I feel like, but I suppose I am used to LA where trees are in blossom in February. I have forgotten the magic of spring. The hint of the heat that is on it’s way and a brisk twinge of the cold that was just there. Magnificent.

Mother nature, what a babe.

For now it is about getting back to real life- Max made me feel like I was on vacation again… time to get back to reality. I get my first roommate this weekend- actually, my friend Sandy (from the airplane) is coming back thru on Friday night on HER way out of town, then Sunday a woman from Germany named Ursula (awesome) is renting the room for a week, and THEN on the 1st, Ursula moves out and Penelope moves in. As of right now Penelope is staying for a month, and depending on how it goes I will either let her stay- or, send her packing. I will have NO PROBLEM renting the room in the summer- and I can make a killing. Fuckin hell man, I’ve had so many responses from my ad on Craig’s List- most for the summer anyway… I can make bank in the summer- so it’s good I think.

Now just to see if I can bear having another person in my house. A house guest is one thing- a roommate is whole other. I figure, as long as they keep to themselves and don’t want me to talk to them- I should be fine. UHHHHH.

Yikes.

Anyway.

Wednesday the phone and DSL get hooked up (allegedly) only took 23 days for them to make and appointment after I signed up for service. What a joke. Hopefully it will work and I can email from home. Oh my god how awesome would that be…. Ahhh. It’s gonna be nice as hell.

So I am happy. It’s spring- I’ll be working soon, making money, being outside… I love it here. Come visit, come move, come stay.

Everyone who comes to Italy says, “god it’s so great, what a nice life, I wish I could make that reality…”

You think it’s nice for a few days, it’s unbelievably when it’s reality.

La Dolce Vida baby.

Ps: happy 30th megan!!

1 comment:

Megan Hill said...

thanks for that p.s. :)