Thursday, March 31, 2005

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS

So I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news is that Alejandro and I broke up. I was a mutual decision- something we both knew was coming… still tough to swallow though. (course the sudden appearance of photos of him and the ex girlfriend on his mirror doesn’t help much either)… Fucking Men. But I think we split kindly and I hope to remain friends… after all, he is my only REAL friend in Rome…. I have lots of people I like… but no one who I have really opened up to… not like Alejandro.

And so, as it is rainy and cold tonight in Rome, I am feeling a little heartbroken, and felling a bit sorry for myself.

But if every cloud has a silver lining- well my shit is sterling.

Because it seems like whenever I am really down and out one of my best friends will surface and save the day.

And with that I got a phone call tonight- Shoni, my best friend from High School- the mother of my god sons… and the apple of my fucking eye, has bought a ticket and will be in Rome in a week.

Holy fucking amazing. I am so blessed with my friends.

I can’t wait to take her all over- teach her about Rome, get her drunk (her first trip away from two 18 month old twin baby boys… mommy needs a vacation!)… so I am gonna show her a great time, and in exchange be so happy to see my girl.

So with the good comes the bad.

The job has gone from bad to worse… it’s pretty brutal. Don’t know what exactly I’m gonna do. I feel like
David Sedaris in his “Santa land diary’s…” doing a crap job… as long as I know it will make an excellent chapter… we’ll see.

Also having trouble with my email... I can send, but can't recieve... luckily my good friend Quanzetta Bonzini is letting me use hes till mine is fixed, so if you need to email me, send it to qbonzini@yahoo.com

Gonna stay in tonight an watch a DVD.

Xoxo

C

5 comments:

Matthew Robinson said...

Sending my love over the ocean to you. Wish I could be there!!!!

Anonymous said...

What did you decide to watch?

Anonymous said...

Hi Chase...my birthday was March 23rd also! Great to see and hear how everything is going for you. I will direct Mark to your blog as well(he just bought a new power mac and is becoming computer literate). Sorry about the Pope!

Chase Carter said...

oh matty boom, hoe I love thee....

miss amy... yes good, bad, dead. indeed.

tim- I watched north by northwest- I'd never seen it, and that's not something that can be said for most of my other dvds.

Megan Hill said...

crazy times dude. like amy, sorry about the bf sitch. you gotta do what you gotta do. i hear ya loud and clear on that one. glad to know you'll stay friends though!

pope insanity as well. thanks for reporting to us from the front lines. very interesting. you in rome and wanna in sri lanka. this is too much!