Friday, July 29, 2005

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S HOT

I mean hot. I mean like unrelenting oppressively unbearably hot. And with no a/c at home- there is never a time that the heat stops.

Without getting too melodramatic, I’ve quite simply never been this hot this many days in a row. Today was probably 110 degrees- maybe 105 I don’t know. The fans blow hot air, I lye around with ice on my head and take cold showers. I have maybe brief relief… but nothing that lasts. I just never stop sweating.

It’s one thing to be hot- it’s quite another to be this hot for this long. I almost don’t want to say it out loud, but I’m worried about Pete. He’s so hot… I can just tell he’s miserable. I put ice in his water, cool him down with wet towels, put ice in the sink and then put him in it…

But it’s just hot all the time. Even at night. I made the mistake of being outside in the world between 12 and 2pm today- went to lunch. The restaurant had ac so there was a brief glorious respite, but the wall of heat that I walked into after leaving the restaurant… I thought I was standing in front of an ac unit outside… it was like that hot, that intense.

Fuck man.

Let me put it this way- my eyeliner is melted. And it’s been sitting in my bathroom… does that give you an idea of what I am talking about here. I mean. It’s fucking hot.

I hate the hot. Almost as much as I hate the cold. I miss LA weather. Too bad it’s in LA. Fuck.

It's nikkys birthday! Happy birthday girly.

No comments: