Saturday, July 09, 2005

ITALY IN THE SUMMER

So summer no matter where you live still feels the same. Warm, relaxing, bbq’s days by the pool, the beach. God damn.

Been socializing a lot, getting to know these people I call my friends better and better. And really enjoying Rome in the summer. Spent yesterday by the pool. (Rome hosted the Olympics in 1960, and the remaining Olympic sized pool is totally awesome) So me and my friend Suzie and her fiancé Tony spent the day just sitting around getting sun and swimming and drinking beer and totally having a blast.

I am so bloody tan I fear I am going to look like luggage by the end of the summer, (and I was wearing 45 all day…fucking hot). Actually the heat has cooled down substantially. It’s really not so bad. When I first got back it was brutal, but now it’s kinda fine

Roman Law requires all swimmers to wear a swimming cap while in a public pool. It’s pretty crap if you ask me, especially since every time you dive in the fucking thing comes off. I have a few excellent photos of me in my awesome new swimming cap. Fucking hell. It was just so nice to spend the day lounging with friends, BY A POOL. I swear everything is right in the world when your by a pool.

Even when it’s not. What a bunch of cunts (sorry mom) those fuckers are that bombed London. Fucking wankers. All this madness has of course been making me think about 9/11 and how nuts that was. Did anyone see Ron Livingston’s speech? That dude rules. I guess not ALL politicians are assholes. (And apparently it IS possible to make a speech without reading- ahem, Bush….) I was really impressed by him. It was just so nice to here a politician speak wisely and earnestly and kick a little ass while he did it. Totally awesome.

What else. Shit I don’t know. I thought of things to write all day, and no that I’m here I can’t think of shit. Bullocks.

I am totally starting to swear like a brit. Fucking Suzie. She’s rubbing off on me.

Anyway. Tired as hell. Off to bed.

No comments: