Sunday, July 10, 2005

TO MOM AND DAD

As many of you know- or at least those of you who know me well- I’m not a huge fan of taking showers. I mean, I like to be clean, it’s just that with long hair it is such a fuck process. Wash, condition, brush, dry, straighten…urg.

Anyway, there have been more than a few occasions when I would let it go (ahem) quite some time- since I would have last showered. I mean not a long time, like a week-ish or so…

Anyway. My parents hate this about me- when last discussed over dinner when I was home, I believe my father called me “a child, who refuses to grow up” and said something about “picking battles” that are “totally full of shit.”

And. he is right of course, I mean, he’s right about most things concerning me. Even though I don’t give a shit, and, being too lazy to shower is hardly what I would call “picking a battle”, what can I say… what the hell.

Anyway- mom and dad, wanted to let you know that Rome provides me with the kind of environment that is so fucking hot most days, that I ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLY HAVE to shower EACH AND EVER DAY. Sometimes twice.

It’s really a fucking hassle. And I hate it. I so clean these I squeak. But… you gotta do what you gotta do. And I thought, you might appreciate knowing.

No comments: