Sunday, July 17, 2005

ON THE MEND

Got home on Friday night to a cold. I had been fighting it off all the while I was in Venice but it really took hold Friday night and so I went to bed at about 11pm and slept clear thru till 1pm yesterday. Spent the ENTIRE day in bed and read, slept and watched movies… it was good- because today I feel much better. Thank you mom for sending those medicines once upon a time. They came in awfully handy this weekend.

It is hot here. I mean like really really really hot. Sitting still in the shade with a fan on you and still sweating. The thermometer reads 84 in the shade, but it feels hotter than that. My poor cats. I have been putting ice in their water and wiping them down with a cool cloth... but the poor fuckers are hot and lethargic. Pete spends almost all the time on the sink where the porcelain is cool.

Question- has anyone ever seen an invention of tiles or something like a cat bed that keeps it’s cool? I mean, I have a heating bed- is there such a thing as a cooling bed? I would buy it in an instant if there were such a thing. One for the cats and one for me…

Any way it’s Sunday, and it feels like it.

I woke up feeling much better, an just cleaned the house from top to bottom, am doing laundry, and this afternoon am going to hang out with some friends…

Hope all is well on the home front.

Xoxo

C

No comments: