Thursday, July 21, 2005

MEDIA WORLD

So after just the most infuriating week ever, where by it took 2 days to get a repair guy to come look at the broken fridge, he simply stated- “this fridge is broken. It is not worth it to repair it you should buy a new one”.

No shit.

So after an absurd amount of phone calls back and forth with the landlord and the agency guy… I just told them this morning- fuck this, I was going to the store to buy a new fridge and I would deduct all costs from my rent.

So I took a taxi to Media World (italy’s version of best buy or circuit city) and I bought another fan for the kitchen, a top of the line new fridge and fuck it while I was there I got a tv and dvd player! HA!

And the best part is I told the taxi driver to wait while I shopped.

So all I had to do was get the shit, and jump right back in the cab.

So the fridge is being delivered tomorrow- and hopefully tomorrow this time I will be drinking a nice cold beverage in the comfort of my own home.

It’s been a pretty tough week to not have ice or cold beer in the fridge- I mean, with this heat wave and all…

Sometimes you have to take the situation into your own hands. I’m only kicking myself I didn’t do this on Monday…

Beyond that- the TV has presented a furniture dilemma in the room- I had to sacrifice a precious chair to hold the sucker up, and move my desk… and well now the whole balance is off… I’m gonna have to figure it out. This may call for a complete switch around of the room… I’ll let you know. But right now it’s too hot to think about that shit- and I’ve got the new Billy Bob Thorton script to read.

Ciao box.

C

No comments: