Monday, September 06, 2004

ROMAN BEACHES

I went to the beach!! I realized I had never swam in the Mediterranean- and I just felt that that needed to be reminded pronto. SO my new friend and I rented a scooter and drove to the beach and had such a fun time. The water was AMAZING. After a day on a scooter I’ve realized there is so way to do this city but on a scooter- it’s like LA without a car- fuck that. So I am renting one today for the next two weeks- and I think I’ll really be able to see the city now. Plus it’s so fucking hot- you get a little cooled down by the breeze… plus the streets are so narrow and small- you kind of have to be on a scooter- even the tiny cars feel huge here.

I found out the pope does his mass blessing on Wednesday morning- I’m totally gonna go there and get blessed. Awesome. Bless us heathens….

I’ve officially been here a week and I’m getting quite settled in- I’m not going to want to leave- I can tell. Which sucks but- it’s ok- that’s life eh. I am writing lots, and reading, and drawing and eating very very well, and in about an hour I’ll be on my vespa saying ciao as I zoom by.

Very Eddie izzard.

By the way- today is my parent’s 35th wedding anniversary- which id totally fucking amazing. Good on you folks. Well done.

Be in touch soon.

No comments: